Sunday, November 11, 2001

Just a quick one. We just arrived in Marmurus after an overnight bus from Istanbul, and in a day or so get a boat to Rhodes, then to Cyprus, then to Israel. This is myself, Simon and Owen (who's Australian but apologetically so). Despite persuasion, the other Australian (or "Italian-Australian") Melissa decided to remain in Istanbul where she's been (except for a short foray to Sofia) for the last month. So much so that she appeared in a travel agency promotional video. Her main reason for this appears to be "the guy" - the nightshift guy at the hostel that she's become acquainted with.

I'm currently in the middle of a decision too. Should I work in a kibbutz for two months in Israel? It's apparently quite easy to do and would be a curious experience, but I'm very 50-50 right now. It's what Owen's off to do there, and Melissa had been talking about it too, and even at worst it'd only be a couple of months out of my life. At best it'd be, well, good. I don't know yet - I'll see what happens in Israel.

Mum, just make up a story for Grandpa's behalf, ok?

Ok, that's about it for now.

No comments: